Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] autosizing the shared memory backing file
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-13 20:17:05

The simple answer is you can't. The mpool is loaded before the BTLs
and on Linux the loader use the RTLD_NOW flag (i.e. all symbols have
to be defined or the dlopen call will fail).

Moreover, there is no way in Open MPI to exchange information between
components except a global variable or something in the mca/common. In
other words there is no way for you to call from the mpool a function
from the sm BTL.

   george.