Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] -display-map
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-13 15:30:23

Hmmm...well, I can't do either for 1.3.0 as it is departing this
afternoon.

The first option would be very hard to do. I would have to expose the
display-map option across the code base and check it prior to printing
anything about resolving node names. I guess I should ask: do you only
want noderesolve statements when we are displaying the map? Right now,
I will output them regardless.

The second option could be done. I could check if any "display" option
has been specified, and output the <ompi> root at that time (likewise
for the end). Anything we output in-between would be encapsulated
between the two, but that would include any user output to stdout and/
or stderr - which for 1.3.0 is not in xml.

Any thoughts?

Ralph

PS. Guess I should clarify that I was not striving for true XML
interaction here, but rather a quasi-XML format that would help you to
filter the output. I have no problem trying to get to something more
formally correct, but it could be tricky in some places to achieve it
due to the inherent async nature of the beast.