Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.3 PML default choice
From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-13 14:59:55

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Tim Mattox wrote:

> The cm PML does not use BTLs..., only MTLs, so
> ... the BTL selection is ignored.

OK, thanks for clarifying this bit, but...

>> The README for 1.3b2 specifies that CM is now chosen if possible; in my
>> trials, when I specify CM+BTL, it doesn't complain and works well.
>> However either the default (no options) or OB1+BTL leads to the jumps
>> mentioned above, which makes me believe that OB1+BTL is still chosen as
>> default, contrary to what the README specifies.

... this bit is still unclear to me. Should OB1+BTL or CM+MTL be the
default ? I have just tried using "mpi_show_mca_params" for both
v1.3b2 and v1.3rc3 and this tells me that:

pml= (default value)
pml_cm_priority=30 (default value)
pml_ob1_priority=20 (default value)

which, from what I know, should lead to CM being chosen as the
default. Still for v1.3b2 OB1 seemed to be chosen; for v1.3rc3 I can't
distinguish anymore from timings as they behave very similarly.

--
Bogdan Costescu
IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany