On Jan 12, 2009, at 11:40 PM, Paul Franz wrote:
> I will see what I can do.
Many thanks! I'm going to take full advantage of your offer and ask
for the moon, even thought it's a large list. :-)
> BTW, what kind of integration are you looking for? Do you just want
> the changeset to be logged in the Trac bug via a hook that looks at
> the comment for the appropriate bug number? Or something different?
We enjoy SVN+Trac integration right now that does the following:
- SVN commits are logged in trac such that they show up in the
timeline (https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/timeline). I'm not the
sysadmin, but I assume that this is via some SVN commit hook on the
server and could be pretty easily accomplished via hg as well.
- SVN history is available in two forms:
- Viewing "enhanced" diffs for individual commits (colorized,
links to show each individual file in the commit, links to show just
the diffs for one file, marking files that are added or deleted -- not
necessarily showing "-" or "+" for every line in a removed/added file;
--> I personally find the "Show ___ lines around each change"
option on the trac web page to be fantastic!
- Viewing any file in the repository and its associated SVN history
- Browsing the repository at any arbitrary state (r number)
- The search box allows typing "r12345" which quick-jumps to viewing
that individual commit
- Comparisons between:
- The same repository section (file or directory) at different r
numbers (e.g., compare /trunk/foo_at_HEAD against r12345 /trunk/foo_at_12345)
- Different repository sections (file or directory) at the same
or different r numbers (e.g., compare /trunk_at_HEAD to /branch/
- Wiki syntax of "r12345" automatically links to SVN changeset 12345.
Some of these issues likely need to be enhanced to use the hex commit
ID instead of "r12345" to ensure the uniqueness of hg commits (perhaps
There's also the issue of converting all of our old data from the SVN
"rxxxxx" format to whatever the new HG format is.
- we have lots of SVN commit messages that refer to "rxxxxx"; it would
be awesome to be automatically able to update them to the appropriate
new HG hex reference
- ditto goes for all the wiki pages and ticket entries
...or perhaps it would be easier to support the old "rxxxxx" syntax on
all already-existing commits/wiki pages/ticket entries as an alias for
the newly updated hg commit references.
This is my wish-list as of 8:30am (pre-caffeine). :-)
I did a quick search on selenic.com this morning for Trac and came up
But the link it points to (http://hg.softcircuit.com.au/tools/hgtrac/)
seems to be an unresponsive server:
shell% telnet hg.softcircuit.com.au 80
telnet: connect to address 18.104.22.168: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host