Subject: [OMPI devel] Building with rpath disabled
From: Manuel Prinz (debian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-08 10:45:04

Hi,

attached you'll find a (trivial) patch against the latest svn trunk
(r20227) that adds a --disable-rpath to configure, so libraries can be
build with rpath disabled. The reason for adding this feature that was
that rpath is often problematic and it is removed in Debian anyway. (We
currently delete rpath entries after building which is a little ugly.)

The patch simply adds a call to the macro AC_LIB_RPATH in configure.ac
and installs "config.rpath" from gettext which seems to be the preferred
way of distributing the m4 macros needed for that. The license should
not be an issue, as far as I can say.

I tested it with the current trunk and it worked fine for me. It would
be great if you could consider including it since it makes Debian
maintainance of Open MPI a little easier and I think other distributions
(and some users) may benefit from stripping rpath as well.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Manuel