Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] orte_default_hostfile
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 12:44:26

Well, it turns out that I won't be able to do this after all. :-/

The problem is that the new hostfile handling system gets a tad upset
if it thinks a hostfile has been specified, but then it doesn't find
anything in it. I started trying to patch it to allow for the default
hostfile name to be a special case, but it winds up requiring patches
in a number of places - gets really ugly.

So I'm afraid the bottom line is that someone is going to have to
enter the name of the default hostfile if they really have one they
want us to use. Or put it in their environment.

I imagine you could do something in your code to check and set the MCA
param yourself if you want. Not sure if it's more trouble than it's
worth - have to leave that one to you.

Sorry...
Ralph