Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] orte_default_hostfile
From: Greg Watson (g.watson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-15 11:06:45

Hi Ralph,

I think mainly because it simplifies installation of ompi for PTP
users. Since PTP uses the hostfile to display the system
configuration, we're pretty much always going to have one (although
PTP does work without it, feedback is more limited). It's much easier
for people to add a list of hosts to a file, than have to go and add
something to the param file as well (it's hard enough to get them to
do the former correctly).

Greg