Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Forwarding SIGTSTP and SIGCONT
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-11 15:08:16

On Dec 11, 2008, at 2:55 PM, Terry Dontje wrote:

> Well under SGE it allows you to have SGE send mpirun SIGUSR1 so many
> minutes before sending the Suspend signal.

My point is that the right approach might be to work in the context of
Josh's CR stuff -- he's already got hooks for "do this right before
pausing for checkpoint" / "do this right after resuming", etc.

Sure, we're not checkpointing, but several of the characteristics of
this action are pretty similar to what is required for checkpointing/
restarting. So it might be good to use that framework for it...?

Cisco Systems