Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Forwarding SIGTSTP and SIGCONT
From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-06 09:03:06

Hello Rolf,

* Rolf Vandevaart wrote on Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 08:00:42PM CET:

> One problem is that with SIGTSTP no longer delivering a stop signal to
> mpirun, one cannot CTRL-Z at their terminal to stop mpirun. I am trying
> to figure out how big a problem that is.

Why not first deal with sending STOP to the other processes, and when
done with that, sending a STOP to mpirun, so it stops as well?

BTW, sending STOP to processes rather than TSTP will prevent them from
being able to do similar to user processes of their own. Dunno how
useful or practical that is for OpenMPI users.

Cheers,
Ralf