Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |  

This web mail archive is frozen.

This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.

You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails have been added to it since July of 2016.

Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.

Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Jan ORTE meeting
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-05 08:05:51

Since Rich was already unable to attend the July meeting, I would like
to find a way to accommodate his schedule if possible. I'm not sure
that it is critical that we have a meeting too hard on the heels of
the Dec one, so perhaps something in Feb (or even March) makes the
most sense.

Given travel restrictions, perhaps a telepresence approach makes the
most sense. I'm willing and able to travel within reason, so the Forum
or midwest is fine with me. I sympathize with Rich's travel situation
wrt the Forum dates, but I don't know how to provide the telepresence
to ORNL. Jeff: do you?

Perhaps we should discuss this at the Tues telecon? Might go faster
there. Anyone who isn't going to be on that telecon should please
speak up on this email thread ASAP.


On Dec 5, 2008, at 4:12 AM, Terry Dontje wrote:

> Ralph Castain wrote:
>> On Dec 4, 2008, at 3:25 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>>> I don't know who's interested, so I thought I'd bring it up on the
>>> devel list: let's start the basics for the January ORTE meeting.
>>> We may be able to sketch out an agenda, but frankly, it may depend
>>> on how far we get in the December meeting. So we may not be able
>>> to fully decide that yet.
>>> But I thought we might be able to list out the high level goals
>>> and start discussing location, length of the meeting, and dates.
>>> * Cisco has some heavy travel restrictions right now, so I would
>>> not be able to attend unless we have it here in Louisville again,
>>> or perhaps Bloomington (i.e., I can make day trips to drive
>>> there). I do have a Telepresence unit in Louisville now, so we
>>> could conference in Boxborough (i.e., Sun) for 1-2 hours at a
>>> time, if desirable. That being said, my presence is probably not
>>> critical to these meetings, so don't let this be a gating factor.
>>> * My January is fairly open at this point; I have no scheduled
>>> travel [yet]. I *may* become unavailable the week of Jan 5 (i.e.,
>>> first full week in Jan), which might not be desirable for an ORTE
>>> meeting anyway because a) we'll all be recovering from the
>>> holidays, and b) it's unlikely that anyone will have had a chance
>>> to do much/anything since the December ORTE meeting.
>>> * Point of information: the next Forum meeting is in the
>>> California Bay area on Feb 9-11, 2009.
>> My Jan is open, and I can travel wherever required. However, given
>> that many people are under heavy travel constraints, and that the
>> majority of you will be at the MPI Forum, would it make sense to
>> tack it on before/after that meeting? I'm not sure Jan is a
>> requirement, especially given the holiday break after the Dec
>> meeting.
> Just wanted to add that Sun is interested in these meetings too but
> are also under strict travel restrictions so doing this via CISCOs
> telepresence, concall or at the Forum meeting suits us best then a
> special meeting.
> --td
>>> --
>>> Jeff Squyres
>>> Cisco Systems
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> devel mailing list
>>> devel_at_[hidden]
>> _______________________________________________
>> devel mailing list
>> devel_at_[hidden]
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel_at_[hidden]