Subject: [OMPI devel] make dependency problem?
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-29 18:45:49

I was playing with OMPI and I noticed that if I modified btl.h, bml_r2.c
did not automatically get rebuilt, even though it includes btl.h. This
caused me all sorts of unnecessary debugging troubles. In the end, just
touching bml_r2.c was enough... it caused bml_r2.c to be recompiled and
to see the changes in btl.h.

So, question:

Given that bml_rc.2 includes btl.h, wouldn't the proper make
dependencies cause bml_rc.c to be recompiled whenever btl.h is touched?

Again, it appears that this is not happening and that strikes me as a
problem -- for someone out there to fix. :^)