Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: merge windows branch into trunk
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-25 14:24:10

Shiqing,

Don't waste your time. While the idea behind cccl is nice, the
overhead is unbelievably expensive. As a comparison it took 2 hours to
compile Open MPI on Windows using cccl and makefile, while it takes
less than 4 minutes to compile exactly the same set of functionalities
using the project generated by cmake and the native cl compiler.

Using cccl was the original approach that I envisioned for the Windows
port. Unfortunately, due to long compilation times, I give up this
approach and move to using the native tools (project + microsoft
compiler).

   george.