Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Dropped message for the non-existing communicator
From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-08 09:54:01

Terry,

was this with the trunk or v1.3? If it was the trunk, was it before
r19929 was applied? The reason I ask is because r19929 should remove all
error messages related to 'non-existing communictors'. Hierarch btw. is
not the cause for the error messages even before that, it just exposes
it more frequently...

Thanks
Edgar

Terry Dontje wrote:
> I am seeing the message "Dropped message for the non-existing
> communicator" when running hpcc with np=124 against r19845. This seems
> to be pretty reproducible at np=124. When the job prints out the
> message above some set of processes are in an MPI_Bcast and the 15
> processes reporting the message are stuck in MPI_Barrier.
> I am not sure how related this is to #1408 since I am not invoking the
> hierarchical collectives. I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried
> to run hpcc at such an np size with any success.
>
> My next steps are to try to run this with the latest trunk and to narrow
> down the failing case.
>
> --td

Edgar Gabriel
Assistant Professor
Parallel Software Technologies Lab      http://pstl.cs.uh.edu
Department of Computer Science          University of Houston
Philip G. Hoffman Hall, Room 524        Houston, TX-77204, USA
Tel: +1 (713) 743-3857                  Fax: +1 (713) 743-3335