Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] snprintf vs. sprintf
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-29 08:43:29

On Oct 29, 2008, at 8:14 AM, Matthias Jurenz wrote:

> The problem should be fixed in the trunk. VampirTrace also comes now
> with an own
> implementation of 'snprintf'. More precisely, the corresponding
> sources are based on
> 'opal/util/printf.<c|h>' and located in 'ompi/contrib/vt/vt/util/
> util.c'.
> Concerning this matter, I want to know, whether there is a copyright/
> license problem.
> Should our 'util.c' also contain your copyright headlines from
> 'printf.c', for instance?

IANAL, but I believe that that is correct. Check the terms listed in
OMPI's LICENSE file. Note that we haven't done the final copyright
update in the LICENSE file for v1.3 yet (it's on the to-do list...).

Speaking of which, what copyright line(s) should we use for U.
Dresden? I see these in ompi/contrib/vt/vt/COPYING:

Copyright (c) 2005-2008, ZIH, TU Dresden, Federal Republic of Germany
Copyright (c) 1998-2005, Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH, Federal
Republic of Germany

Are these right?

> BTW: We are rather sure, that we found a memory leak in the function
> 'opal_vsnprintf()'.
> It seems, that there is a 'free' missing at the and of this
> function. Can you confirm?

Yes, I believe that you are correct. Thanks!

Do you guys want to add it to the file, or do you want me to?

Cisco Systems