Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] adding new functions to a BTL
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-23 08:14:19

On Oct 22, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> Shouldn't it work to re-dlopen the lib with RTLD_GLOBAL?

I actually don't know -- what will the linker do in this scenario?
(now I'm curious :-) )

> Also, recent libltdl should allow you to choose which scope you want
> in
> the first place, local or global, through lt_dladvise.

We've opted to keep LT opening DSOs in a private scope. What Eugene
is doing is just some hacking around and testing; he's not doing any
real coding yet. We certainly want to preserve all of our
abstractions and linking barriers, so keeping the DSOs in private
scopes is a Good Thing.

Cisco Systems