Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.2.8 testing
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-13 14:12:29

On Oct 13, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> MPI_Bsend_init_rtoa_f
> MPI_Bsend_rtoa_f
> MPI_Ibsend_rtoa_f
> MPI_Bsend_init_rtoa_f
> MPI_Bsend_rtoa_f
> MPI_Ibsend_rtoa_f

These tests fail with the PGI fortran compiler because they are trying
to allocate a 1.5MB buffer on the stack (i.e., they segv before the
first executable line of code). Reducing the size of the buffer makes
the tests pass.

The size of the buffer was increased by Rolf when he made the intel
tests able to be run with more than 64 procs. So I'm pretty sure this
is a new failure.

Rolf and I will work out what to do about the intel test, but for
1.2.8, I think we're good to one. It would be good to get one more
confirmation from someone else, though.

Cisco Systems