Subject: [OMPI devel] 1.2.8 testing
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-13 13:34:10

Short version: looks good from Cisco. If we can get one other
confirmation, let's ship it.

More details: I have a very heterogenous cluster, which makes 1.2.x
testing difficult with openib (there's a bug in the port matching
logic that makes it not always work -- we decided a long time ago not
to fix it). So I have a lot of false failures in my 1.2.8rc1 MTT
results.

I went through and checked them and re-ran the failures manually that
I found. As result, the only real failures that I find are:

1. various flavors of fortran bsend fail with the PGI compiler suite
   --> I'll take a good college swing at this one today and see if
there's an obvious fix; it could be simply, since it appears to be a
fortran-only failure. Specifically, these fail:

MPI_Bsend_init_rtoa_f
MPI_Bsend_rtoa_f
MPI_Ibsend_rtoa_f
MPI_Bsend_init_rtoa_f
MPI_Bsend_rtoa_f
MPI_Ibsend_rtoa_f

And the _c versions of them all pass:

MPI_Bsend_init_rtoa_c
MPI_Bsend_rtoa_c
MPI_Ibsend_rtoa_c
MPI_Bsend_init_rtoa_c
MPI_Bsend_rtoa_c
MPI_Ibsend_rtoa_c

2. some variants of spawn, which also failed in my 1.2.7 testing (we
agreed long ago not to fix these for v1.2.x)

Cisco Systems