Subject: [OMPI devel] OpenIB BTL - removing btl_openib_ib_pkey_ix parameter
From: Pavel Shamis (Pasha) (pasha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-07 12:36:40

Hi,

I would like to remove the btl_openib_ib_pkey_ix (btl_openib_ib_pkey_ix)
parameter.
The partition key index (btl_openib_ib_pkey_ix) is defined locally by
each HCA, so in most cases each host will have different pkey index and
user have no control over this value. So direct pkey_ix specification is
not possible because each HCA will have different value.
If user want to use specific partition he should specify only the
btl_openib_ibib_pkey_val parameter, and Open-mpi translate it to
corresponding pkey_ix.

I think the btl_openib_ib_pkey_ix is useless and I would like to remove it.

Comments ?

--
Pavel Shamis (Pasha)
Mellanox Technologies LTD.