Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Should visibility and memchecker abort configure?
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-03 09:18:32

Ralph in order to have the behavior you describe for the visibility
feature just don't specify --enable-visibility. This will enable it if
the feature is supported and disable (plus a small warning) if not.

We decided a while ago that 1) we should have a consistent behavior
for similar scenarios and 2) if the user explicitly request something
and we are unable to satisfy the request we exit with a big error
message. This make perfectly sense as we all know that the output
(with the exit) will be utterly ignored by 99.9% of people.

If some of the --enable options do not abort the configuration when
their condition is not satisfied, then this is the bug and we should
correct it asap.

   george.