Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] proper way to shut down orted
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-22 13:37:33

Hmmm...well, there -used- to be a tool that was distributed with the
1.2 series for doing just that, but I don't see it in the 1.2.7
release. Not sure when or how that got dropped - probably fell through
a crack.

Unfortunately, minus that tool, there is no clean way to shut this
down. However, you can re-use the universe name if you simply go to
your tmp directory, find the session directory for you, and just rm -
rf the directory with that universe name.

So you want to look for something like "/tmp/openmpi-sessions-
username_at_hostname_0/univ3" per your example below, and blow the
"univ3" directory tree away.

Sorry it isn't simpler - trying to re-release with that tool is
probably more trouble than it is worth now, especially given that the
"seed" operation isn't used anymore beginning with the upcoming 1.3
release.

Ralph