Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] gdb libmpi.dylib on Leopard
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 15:44:46

Ok,

I didn't forgot to rerun autogen.sh (I even erased the libltdl, and
various libtool wrappers that are generated at autogen/configure
time). I checked the link Ralf submitted to our attention. This is
exactly the same problem, or at least the same symptoms. The last
version of libtool runs dsymutil on the created .so/.dylib, but the
bad thing is that dsymutil returns similar warning message about
missing ".lax" files. Therefore, even running it manually on the .dsym
does not help.

I upgraded (compiled my own copy) my gcc to 4.3.2 (you should do it
too, Jeff, the experimental have been giving me headaches in the
past). Now, I also have the same warning messages for internal libs of
gcc than for open MPI. This leads me to believe this is not an Open
MPI bug, but more probably a libtool/ld issue.

I'll switch to linux for my devel for now, but if you have any success
story...

Aurelien