Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Upgrade GNU auto tools?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 10:07:02

Yep; there may be no real specific benefit, but it's good to get the
most recent versions for a release branch before we freeze it.

It *may* have fixed some Absoft compiler issues; I'm checking with
Absoft on this (I didn't see anything specific about it in the release
notes, and the data is not entirely clear because a few things changed
in Absoft's MTT setup right around the same time).

On Sep 19, 2008, at 10:04 AM, George Bosilca wrote:

> I've been using these versions for some time, basically from the
> date they get released. So far, no issues have been raised. However,
> I do not see any benefit with these new versions (on Linux and Mac
> OS X).
>
> george.
>
> On Sep 19, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Tim Mattox wrote:
>
>> Just an FYI,
>> Last night I switched the nightly tarball creation for the
>> trunk and v1.3 to use the latest autoconf and libtool
>> releases. AFAIK, everything worked fine.
>> So, these are the versions of the various gnu tools
>> we are currently using:
>> m4-1.4.11
>> autoconf-2.63
>> automake-1.10.1
>> libtool-2.2.6a
>>
>> You may want to upgrade your local installs of these for
>> your own development work so we are all on the same version.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>> Autoconf and Libtool released updates recently (to v2.63 and
>>> v2.2.6a,
>>> respectively). I have tested these versions with a local trunk
>>> checkout and
>>> they seem to work fine.
>>>
>>> Any objections to moving the nightly trunk and v1.3 tarballs to
>>> these
>>> versions?
>>>
>>> m4=m4-1.4.11
>>> ac=autoconf-2.63
>>> am=automake-1.10.1
>>> lt=libtool-2.2.6a
>>>
>>> (we're still pre-1.3 lockdown, so I figured it was ok to move)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jeff Squyres
>>> Cisco Systems

>> --
>> Tim Mattox, Ph.D. - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/
>> tmattox_at_[hidden] || timattox_at_[hidden]
>> I'm a bright... http://www.the-brights.net/

Cisco Systems