Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] -display-map
From: Greg Watson (g.watson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 09:18:04

Ralph,

The problem we're seeing is just with the head node. If I specify a
particular IP address for the head node in the hostfile, it gets
changed to the FQDN when displayed in the map. This is a problem for
us as we need to be able to match the two, and since we're not
necessarily running on the head node, we can't always do the same
resolution you're doing.

Would it be possible to use the same address that is specified in the
hostfile, or alternatively provide an XML attribute that contains this
information?

Thanks,

Greg