Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] -display-map
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-11 09:06:52

Not in that regard, depending upon what you mean by "recently". The
only changes I am aware of wrt nodes consisted of some changes to the
order in which we use the nodes when specified by hostfile or -host,
and a little #if protectionism needed by Brian for the Cray port.

Are you seeing this for every node? Reason I ask: I can't offhand
think of anything in the code base that would replace a host name with
the FQDN because we don't get that info for remote nodes. The only
exception is the head node (where mpirun sits) - in that lone case, we
default to the name returned to us by gethostname(). We do that
because the head node is frequently accessible on a more global basis
than the compute nodes - thus, the FQDN is required to ensure that
there is no address confusion on the network.

If the user refers to compute nodes in a hostfile or -host (or in an
allocation from a resource manager) by non-FQDN, we just assume they
know what they are doing and the name will correctly resolve to a
unique address.