Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] IOF redesign: cmd line options
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-28 10:00:21

On the various stdout/err options: Other than the complexity of
telling the orteds which procs to do what with, there is nothing
standing in the way of implementing either of those capabilities. I
currently support only sending the info on a per-job basis, though, so
it would mean changing several ORTE-level global object definitions to
store the data, plus changing the launch msg to tell the orteds what
to do. So it wouldn't be a "5-min" kind of job, but it -could- be
done....if someone really, really wanted to.

I have a prototype "orte-iof" tool that does what you describe...will
come into trunk with these changes.