Subject: [OMPI devel] Still seeing hangs in OMPI 1.3
From: Rolf vandeVaart (Rolf.Vandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-22 13:32:32

George:

We are still seeing hangs in OMPI 1.3 which I assume are due to the PML
issue. However, we do not see it in the trunk. My investigation is
early, but I am wondering if the merge of the changes into v1.3 may be
missing a file. From the original fix in the trunk, I see the following:

Changeset 19309 (trunk)
btl_sm.c (modified) (2 diffs)
btl_sm_component.c (modified) (7 diffs)
btl_sm_fifo.h (modified) (1 diff)

For the ompi v1.3 I see this:
Changeset 19378 (v1.3)
btl/sm/btl_sm.c (modified) (1 diff)
btl/sm/btl_sm_component.c (modified) (2 diffs)
coll/sm/coll_sm_module.c (modified) (1 diff)
pml/ob1/pml_ob1_sendreq.c (modified) (1 diff)

The 1.3 changeset has those two extra files, but they were just
formatting fixes. So, my concern is the missing btl_sm_fifo.h change in
1.3. I have not tried it out yet, but wanted to see if anyone else is
still seeing 1.3 hangs.

Rolf