Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OMPI 1.3 problems
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 15:33:07

Actually, I take that back -- none of the man page changes that just
occurred on the trunk are over in v1.3 yet. There was one man page
change that went in a few days ago that you must be referring to.

I'm unaware of a problem with it -- can you be more specific?

I did neglect to test vpath builds with that patch as well (oops; I'm
testing that now); is that where you're having a problem?

On Aug 4, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I'll port over that man page stuff now instead of waiting a day or
> three.
>
> On Aug 4, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>
>> Well, I unfortunately cannot test this right now Greg - the 1.3
>> branch won't build due to a problem with the man page installation
>> script. The fix is in the trunk, but hasn't migrated across yet.
>>
>> :-//
>>
>> My guess is that you are caught on some stage where the hanging
>> bugs hadn't been fixed, but you cannot update to the current head
>> of the 1.3 branch as it won't compile. All I can suggest is
>> shifting to the trunk (which definitely works) for now as the man
>> page fix should migrate soon.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>> On Aug 4, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>>
>>> Depending upon the r-level, there was a problem for awhile with
>>> the system hanging that was caused by a couple of completely
>>> unrelated issues. I believe these have been fixed now - at least,
>>> it is fixed on the trunk for me under that same system. I'll check
>>> 1.3 now - it could be that some commits are missing over there.

> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems

Cisco Systems