Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] if btl->add_procs() fails...?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-04 09:55:45

On Aug 4, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Brian Barrett wrote:

> I suppose, but that's a pain when you just want to say "I don't
> support calling add_procs a second time" :). But I'm not going to
> fix all the BTLs to make that work right, so I suppose in the end I
> really don't have a strong opinion.

Good point. I think that if the PML/BML sees OMPI_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED
or OMPI_ERR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED from add_procs(), that can be non-fatal;
the BTL can just be ignored for this round (i.e., it wouldn't affect
any procs that were already successfully added to that BTL module).

Of course, that means that a BTL could return NOT_SUPPORTED/
IMPLEMENTED during MPI_INIT, but that would be pretty dumb. :-)

Cisco Systems