Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk hangs since r19010
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-29 10:13:56

On Jul 29, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Ok. FWIW, Pasha and I think that openib has supported "send-to-
> self" for a while (we don't know exactly when; but Pasha thinks it
> is very old code that we don't check for self in add_procs). But it
> only broke recently.

More in the FWIW category -- we just checked, and OMPI v1.2 supported
"--mca btl openib" (note the lack of ",self"). So the openib BTL has,
indeed, supported send-to-self for quite a while.

This should help narrow where to start looking for the problem:
changes within the last few weeks.

Cisco Systems