Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk hangs since r19010
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 12:16:35

On Jul 28, 2008, at 12:03 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> Interesting. The self is only used for local communications. I don't
> expect that any benchmark execute such communications, but
> apparently I was wrong. Please let me know the failing test, I will
> take a look this evening.

FWIW, my manual tests of a simplistic "ring" program work for all
combinations (openib, openib+self, openib+self+sm). Shrug.

But for OSU latency, I found that openib, openib+sm work, but openib+sm
+self hangs (same results whether the 2 procs are on the same node or
different nodes). There is no self communication in osu_latency, so
something else must be going on.

Cisco Systems