Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Need v1.3 RM ruling (was: Help on building openmpi with "-Wl, --as-needed -Wl, --no-undefined")
From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 12:52:12

First, sorry about the previous message - I'm incapable of using my e-
mail apparently.

Based on discusions with people when this came up for LAM, it sounds
like this will become common for the next set of major releases from
the distros. The feature is fairly new to GNU ld, but has some nice
features for the OS, which I don't totally understand.

Because this problem will only become more common during the lifespan
of 1.3.x , it makes sense to put this in v1.3, in my opinion.

Brian

--
Brian Barrett
There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to