Subject: [OMPI devel] Need v1.3 RM ruling (was: Help on building openmpi with "-Wl, --as-needed -Wl, --no-undefined")
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 12:32:26

Release managers: I have created ticket 1409 for this issue. I need a
ruling: do you want this fixed for v1.3?

PRO: It's not too heinous to fix, but it does require moving some code
around.
CON: This is the first time anyone has ever run into this issue.
???: I don't know if this is a trend where distros will start wanting
to compile with -Wl,--no-undefined.

On Jul 23, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>
>>> Is the attached patch what you're talking about?
>>>
>>> If so, I'll commit to trunk, v1.2, and v1.3.
>>
>> Can you verify that it work with a pristine build? The
>> dependencies as
>> such look sane to me, also the cruft removal, but I fail to see how
>> your directory ordering can work:
>
> You're right; I tested only in an already-built tree. I also didn't
> run "make install" to an empty tree, which also shows the problem.
>
> Let me twonk around with this a bit...
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> Cisco Systems