Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Help on building openmpi with "-Wl, --as-needed -Wl, --no-undefined"
From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 10:08:37

Hi Jeff,

* Jeff Squyres wrote on Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 03:54:50PM CEST:

> Is the attached patch what you're talking about?
>
> If so, I'll commit to trunk, v1.2, and v1.3.

Can you verify that it work with a pristine build? The dependencies as
such look sane to me, also the cruft removal, but I fail to see how
your directory ordering can work:

ompi/mpi/f77/libmpi_f77.la depends on
ompi/libmpi.la depends on
ompi/mpi/f77/libmpi_f77_base.la

The SUBDIRS in ompi/Makefile.am has '.' after 'mpi' so libmpi.la won't
exist at the time libmpi_f77.la needs it. Likewise, the C++ and F90
libraries are built before libmpi.la.

Am I missing anything? Fixing this nicely may require some fiddling
with the source tree layout.

Cheers,
Ralf