Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: further changing mca_base_component_t before v1.3
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-19 10:44:55

Jeff is referring to changes made over a year and a half ago when the
checkpoint/restart work came into the trunk. This was a change in
component_base_data_t from using a 'bool checkpointable' to a
bitfield that can encode many more options (FT related and otherwise)
for component metadata.

The other change was adding a 'query' function for mca_base_select to
the mca_base_componet structure. This is not FT related, but general
code cleanup.

Both of these changes require the versions of these data structures
to be incremented. There was an RFC that went across devel-core with
the subject "RFC: MCA Base Component Version Change" with more details.

So in short there is nothing new happening with these structures as a
result of the meeting, just that the structure has changed since v1.2.

-- Josh