Subject: [OMPI devel] MCA param aliases/etc.
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-16 07:02:31

Brad / George --

As part of the MCA param review (v1.2 vs. v1.3), if we want to use the
"deprecated" or "alias" features, I can bring over the new
functionality from the trunk to the v1.3 tree.

Perhaps we should have a first cut of the MCA param comparison next
Tuesday. It would be helpful if the RMs could present:

- what MCA params disappeared v1.2->v1.3
- what MCA params appeared v1.2->v1.3

Developers can then comment on some of the more specific
relationships. For example, developers can identify if an MCA param
was simply renamed (i.e., the functionality is identical), and/or if
an MCA param was replaced with a new one (i.e., the functionality
changed and therefore the old MCA params are no longer relevant;
perhaps replaced with new ones).

This information can be used to help decide if it's worth it to bring
over the new MCA param alias/deprecated functionality to v1.3.

Howzat?

Cisco Systems