Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: make mpi_leave_pinned=1 the default
From: Torsten Hoefler (torsten.hoefler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-03 13:26:30

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 05:56:52AM -0700, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> - I know that leave_pinned is frequently meaningless to real apps
> (although Torsten likes to argue otherwise -- and he's got at least
> some real-world data points that show otherwise :-) ).
I don't want to argue otherwise based on my limited data. But I haven't
seen any written studies yet. I'd say that we don't really know. I'd
like to do a better analysis. I have a way to analyze this and it would
be great if you could send applications (links) and input files (if not
included) to me that I can gather more points.

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten

--
Indiana University    | http://www.indiana.edu