Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Need help
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-27 06:53:53

On Jun 27, 2008, at 3:25 AM, Gnanasekar Loganathan wrote:

> I want to run a MPI application on 4 Linux pc's.
> I have the configuration details also.
> My questions is, i need to install MPI on 4 linux pc's?
> Whether i need to run the same MPI application on 4 linux pc's?

Yes, you need to have MPI installed on all 4 machines, or have it
available via a networked filesystem (such as NFS). These FAQ
categories may help some:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=sysadmin
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building

It is certainly easiest if you run the same executable on all 4
machines.

If you're very new to MPI, you might want to take a tutorial to learn
some of the basics. If you scroll down in http://ci-tutor.ncsa.uiuc.edu/browse.php
, you'll see an "Introduction to MPI" tutorial on that site
(registration is free).

Cisco Systems