Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Branching the trunk for 1.3, and branch update policy
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-25 11:23:13

Per our fearless leaders' request, I've branched for v1.3. I did the
following:

- copied trunk to a new /branches/v1.3 tree
- per RM direction, all developers are "weapons free" in the new v1.3
tree
- changed VERSION on the trunk to v1.4.0a1
- updated http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/ to include v1.3 nightly
snapshot tarballs
- updated the IU scripts to make nightly snapshot tarballs to include
the new branch

I ran the updated IU nightly snapshot tarball script; it should
populate the new v1.3 page and put a new "v1.4" snapshot tarball on
the trunk page in the next 30-60 minutes (it takes a while because we
do a full "make distcheck" on each tarball).

On Jun 24, 2008, at 10:33 PM, Brad Benton wrote:

> All:
>
> The trunk is now ready to be branched for the 1.3 release. Jeff has
> volunteered to do the branch in his copious spare time (thanks
> Jeff!). So, I expect that to happen either this evening or sometime
> tomorrow.
>
> There are numerous tickets to resolve to get 1.3 ready for release.
> So, for the time being (i.e., the next 2-4 weeks) we will not be
> formally managing updates to the 1.3 branch. However, please relate
> all checkins to one or more tickets. Also, please ensure that large
> changes get reviewed before checking in.
>
> Thanks,
> --brad

Cisco Systems