Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] autogen error
From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 11:29:41

Hello Leonardo,

* Leonardo Fialho wrote on Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 04:29:30PM CEST:
> [Running] aclocal -I config
> /usr/local/bin/m4:config/mca_no_configure_components.m4:9: ERROR: end of
> file in string
> autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

Go to the toplevel source directory.
Run
   aclocal -I config

to confirm that it's this one that is failing.
Edit config/mca_no_configure_components.m4, changing line 9,
  m4_define(mca_backtrace_m4_config_component_list, [execinfo, printstack, darwin, none])

into
  m4_define([mca_backtrace_m4_config_component_list], [execinfo, printstack, darwin, none])

then rerun
  aclocal -I config

to confirm that it's failing at line 10 or later only, now.

I assume the file is being read by m4 twice, and that exposes the
underquotation in it: it should be
  m4_define([name], [value])

because otherwise, the second time, 'name' will be expanded before
m4_define is called. Jeff, please fix this in autogen.sh.

If I'm wrong, then I'd like to know
  /usr/local/bin/m4 --version

Cheers,
Ralf