Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Vampirtrace warnings
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 13:19:54

I pinged the VT guys about this a little over a week ago -- they
indicated interest in seeing the Coverity results. I'm waiting for
their desired usernames before requesting accounts for them.

Additionally, note that we have a wiki page about OMPI's use of
Coverity:

     https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/Coverity

On Jun 11, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Ralph H Castain wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure who the Vampirtrace folks are, or if they are
> aware of
> the Coverity tool that is periodically reviewing the OMPI code base
> and
> providing warnings of potential code path errors.
>
> In the most recent review, dated 5/28, the Coverity tool found over 50
> issues in the Vampirtrace code. Might be worth a glance - many of
> these
> appear to be potential sources of segv's if someone hits the right
> code
> path.
>
> The devel list contains a thread on how to access the Coverity
> review tool.
>
> Ralph

Cisco Systems