Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] libdir not propagated to contrib/vt/vt ??
From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-13 01:21:50

Hello,

* David Daniel wrote on Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:34:23PM CEST:
> Building against recent heads (r18643) it appears that libdir (as set
> by ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --libdir=$PREFIX/lib64 for example) is
> not propagated to ompi-trunk/contrib/vt/vt.

ompi/contrib/vt/configure.m4 is responsible for this. It seems only
selected arguments from the top-level configure are propagated. This
looks unfortunate to me, as there are many arguments the user may change
(see configure --help).

> Feature or bug?

Somebody else will have to answer that. FWIW, I'd regard it as a bug.

Cheers,
Ralf