Subject: [OMPI devel] heterogeneous support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-05 15:09:33

I just noticed that heterogeneous MPI support is enabled by default.
Do we really want this? Doesn't it add a little overhead (probably
noticeable on shared memory)?

I'd be comfortable with users specifically having to enable
heterogeneous support via configure and having [slightly] better out-
of-the-box performance for the common (homogeneous) case.

Cisco Systems