Subject: [OMPI devel] parallel make install
From: Ralf Wildenhues (Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-03 17:07:25

Hello there,

a change recently mentions this:

| r18552 | timattox | 2008-05-30 06:39:48 +0200 (Fri, 30 May 2008) | 4 lines
| Changed paths:
| M /trunk/contrib/nightly/create_tarball.sh
|
| Apparently "make -j 4 distcheck" has a race condition when "installing" in
| parallel. Remove the "-j 4" so we don't get random tarball build failures.
| Hopefully this won't take all that much longer to make the tarball each night.

Can you fill me in on details here, like the nature of the race or a
build log showing the failure, the Automake version used to autogen.sh,
and so on? Because if that turns out to be a race within Automake code,
it'd be nice to fix it; well, and if it turns out to be a race in OMPI
code, it'd be nice to fix it, too. ;-)

Thanks!
Ralf