Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Memory hooks stuff
From: Patrick Geoffray (patrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-26 09:27:51

Hi Gleb,

Gleb Natapov wrote:
> Not just that but also when swapping out or pagefault happens so even no
> page pinning is needed. But HW should be designed to work with changing
> page mappings and I am not sure that Mellanox HW designed for that. What
> about Myricom HW?

Yes, we can support it. However, if you stick to the registration cache
problem, then there it no need for hardware support (pages are pinned
during registration, but it's safe to keep them pinned).

I don't think swapping registered pages is important for HPC, but it may
be for non-HPC applications.

Patrick