Subject: [OMPI devel] Question about priority
From: Rolf vandeVaart (Rolf.Vandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 11:30:01

I know there was some recent discussion about priority of components,
but I wanted to double check. I am trying to understand what priority =
0 means.

My assumption is the following:
priority >= 0 means the component is selectable
priority < 0 means the component is not selectable

I ask this because in some of the collective code it looks like a
priority = 0 means not selectable. Not a big deal, but I am trying to
fix a memory leak and I need to get this piece right. And I assume that
priority < 0 will give one the same behavior as ^component but the code
paths within Open MPI would be different.

Rolf