Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] btl_openib_iwarp.c : making platform specific calls
From: Don Kerr (Don.Kerr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-13 12:44:50

Jon Mason wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2008 09:56:13 am Don Kerr wrote:
>
>> I believe btl_open_iwarp.c is making platform specific calls. I don't
>>

> Silly question, but I thought openib ONLY worked in Linux. If this is not the
> case, then this whole chunk of code will have to be redesigned (if it can
> even be done at all).

I thought one of the fundamental architecture principles of Open MPI was
to remain platform neutral. Anyway, there is a project at Sun to
deliver libibverbs for Solaris. Sun intends to move toward utilizing the
openib btl and phase out support for the udapl btl, at an appropriate
pace. Up until the iwarp specific changes to the openib btl I was able
to build openib btl on Solaris, with development bits of libibverbs.

I believe there are similar operations being used by other areas of open
mpi, place to start looking would be, opal/util/if.c.

-DON