Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] heterogeneous OpenFabrics adapters
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-13 12:33:14

On May 13, 2008, at 12:24 PM, Jon Mason wrote:

>> - Because the BSRQ info is on the component (i.e., global), we should
>> detect when multiple different receive_queues values are specified
>> and
>> gracefully abort.
>
> How would we verify that the remote receive_queues values are the
> same? By
> passing around the receive_queues values in the modex (which I
> thought we
> were trying to reduce) or would we pass this around during cpc setup
> (for
> those that can support this)?

I was specifically talking about one MPI process here -- it can detect
that it finds multiple adapters and they have different receive_queues
values.

As for different processes having different receive_queues values,
yep, we're kinda hosed there at the moment. This is what I was
referring to in my first mail by "it will have scalability
issues" (adding info to the modex). I think we just say for v1.3 that
it's not supported and come back to the issue in v1.4.

Cisco Systems