Subject: [OMPI devel] heterogeneous OpenFabrics adapters
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-12 17:36:49

I think that this issue has come up before, but I filed a ticket about
it because at least one developer (Jon) has a system with both IB and
iWARP adapters:

My question: do we care about the heterogeneous adapter scenarios?
For v1.3? For v1.4? For ...some version in the future?

I think the first issue I identified in the ticket is grunt work to
fix (annoying and tedious, but not difficult), but the second one will
be a little dicey -- it has scalability issues (e.g., sending around
all info in the modex, etc.).

Cisco Systems