Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Changes: opal_output and opal_show_help
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-12 10:04:40

On May 10, 2008, at 9:00 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Er, no. I thought the group had agreed to the main idea last Tuesday
> (framework for filtering output). We were racing against the time-to-
> branch clock and didn't take the time for an RFC after we agreed on
> the design. Do we need to?

I don't think so. But I'd just kinda like a more formal description of
what this fix is and it's implications on how the developers are
expected to use it going forward since this is altering the coding
standards.

> The side effect of eliminating duplicate error messages is new / was
> not discussed last Tuesday -- I can put out an RFC for that if you'd
> like, but the benefit is so obvious that I didn't think it would be
> controversial.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing the benefit just that I'd like to
know what is expected of me as a developer after this change.

Not something to hold up the merge, just something I'd like to see.

Cheers,
Josh