Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI users] OpenMPI Internals & Static-Analysis.
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-09 07:59:44

On May 8, 2008, at 1:20 PM, Mukesh K Srivastava wrote:

> The OMPI community should think to come with OpenMPI Internals
> document. Probably having an Internal document will certainly help
> developers of OpenMPI.

Yes, it will. It's something we've talked about many times, but it
has unfortunately always come down to a time/resources issue -- no one
has the time or people to do it (and keep the document up-to-date with
the ever-changing code base).

> What one has to do - if one is thinking to come with OMPI Internals
> document to start with? Is there any link or project repository
> within OMPI to start working on OMPI Internals document.

You might want to talk to the docs sub-project -- their first goal was
to make user-level documentation, but theyv'e gone kinda quiet over
the last month or three. Regardless, they may have some good opinions
about documentation format, technology, etc.

     http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/user-docs/

Cisco Systems